Friday, July 24, 2009

The Penultimate

Each day brings us closer to moving as my favorite pen pal/Libra best friend version 5.0 has provided us the invaluable service of condo detective. Also, I have spent the past week on an Adderall and piss and vinegar filled bender of working on getting this house up for sale. Gone are the Miami Vice-ish pastel entryway and the chartreuse walkout basement, replaced with the far more palatable "Basket Beige" and a color that I can only define as "Asshole Green*." Overhauling this house has been quite cathartic and rather than making me all sentimental and wanting to stay (as I feared it would) it has been a real eyeopener to the mire we have allowed ourselves to wallow in for the past four years. The #1 rule of packing for Memphis is to only bring the stuff we truly love, which ends up equaling maybe 1/4 of all our crap. We don't need this. All we need is this ashtray... and this paddleball game. But that's it...

LBF 5.0 has been enticing me daily with her sweet siren songs of malt liquor and vodka drank out of mason jars and 96.1 FM The Pig. Listening to The Pig while painting led to some tears on my paint brush as "You Aint Woman Enough to Take My Man" by Loretta Lynn came on. It just keeps getting better.


And now is the time for Freaks and Geeks, taco pizza, and Moet et Chandon. And the nightly firefly show. Gotta enjoy these last few midwestern pleasures while the gettin' is good, because my God- we are really getting out of here!










*not the color of an asshole, but the type of color that an asshole would paint their kitchen.

1 comment: